X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • leverage
    • May 2005

Disadvantages of three word domain name

Hi all,
    I am currently in the process of coming up with a domain name for a future site. I was wondering what the disadvantages are of having a three-word domain name like

Obviously without the hyphens the domain name would be unreadable (disadvantage). But with the hyphens it reads fine. I was wondering if there are other problems with a three word domain name that I am not aware of, since no one seems to have these sorts of domain names.

Cheers,

Leverage
    Last edited by megri; 05-06-2005, 03:41 PM.
  • megri
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

The only advantage of three words can be that you can have three keyword, which can be used as natural anchor text and help in ranking on those keywords in search engines. We usually provide link to domain name with its URL or on many of scripts and software on internet automatically convert URL into a link In that case you can just get anchor text

For example we have domain

http://www.link-building-services.com/

Here we got in automatically linked with URL as this forum script does it automatically Here we will get the advantage of keyword “link building services
    Parveen K - Forum Administrator
    SEO India - TalkingCity Forum Rules - Webmaster Forum
    Please Do Not Spam Our Forum

Comment

• leverage
      • May 2005

Hi megri,
      I just wanted to clarify what you are saying.

The only advantage of three words can be that you can have three keyword, which can be used as natural anchor text and help in ranking on those keywords in search engines.
      We usually provide link to domain name with its URL or on many of scripts and software on internet automatically convert URL into a link In that case you can just get anchor text
      I�m just trying to understand this.
      - Natural anchor text. How do the keywords in my domain name enhance my ranking in the search engine?

Are you saying that simply because my keywords are in the domain name and say I type my domain name into this post, then when a spider scans this page it will pick up that anchor and will rate it higher because the keywords in the domain name that I typed into this post relate to the content of the site that the anchor text leads to? Where if it didn�t it would rank lower?
      Is that correct?

also in this section of your post,

http://www.link-building-services.com/

Here we got in automatically linked with URL as this forum script does it automatically Here we will get the advantage of keyword �link building services�
      - Do you mean that the forum script automatically recognises a URL as a link? And therefore spiders scanning this page know what are links and what aren�t??

Sorry if these are basic questions.

Comment

• ceesil

yes if the domain name has the keywords in it then it has an higher edge on ranking and has more importance with it.The domain name acts as a natural keyword and helps in ranking at all times.

Comment

• kevin
          Love is life
          • Dec 2015

You can search google for any keyword and see the importance of the domain name in rankings, Based on the solid evidence from Google, you should consider using your most important keyword(s) in either your domain names or your web page URLs. For more than two keywords, consider separating them by hyphens

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎