Important Points Related To Xhtml

XHTML[/SIZE]

1.XHTML stands for EXtensible HyperText Markup Language
    2.XHTML is aimed to replace HTML
    3.XHTML is almost identical to HTML 4.01
    4.XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML
    5.XHTML is HTML defined as an XML application
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Ruby17; 09-10-2008, 02:34 PM.

Here are some simple, basic rules for you to follow when changing your Web design from HTML to XHTML:

1. Use All Lowercase Tags All tags must be written in lowercase letters. No longer is it allowable to write <HTML>, from now on it will be written <html>.

2. Nest Elements Correctly HTML will forgive you but XHTML will not. Here is a common problem: <b><i>This is wrong.</b></i>. You may notice in this example that the bold and italic elements overlap. Here is the right way to nest these elements: <b><i>This is right.</i></b>.

3. Always UseEnd Tags Every tag must have an end tag. When you start a paragraph you use the <p> tag, when you end a paragraph you must use the </p> tag. Same goes for the <li> tag and all other tags.

4. End Empty Elements Now you're wondering what you should do with elements like the <br> tag, yes you need an end tag for this one too. You can either write it as <br></br> or you can use an alternative. Instead you can write <br /;>. This can be used in both HTML and XHTML so start using it now to get used to it. This feature can be used with other empty tags too such as the <hr> tag.

5. Use Quotes for Values When you write something like: <table border=1 bgcolor=red>, you've left something out. Values must be surrounded by quotation marks. The proper way to write this would be: <table border="1" bgcolor="red">.

6. Give Every Attribute a Value Here's where things start to get different. In HTML some attributes have no value. One such attribute is disabled. When using such an attribute you should ***ign the value of the attribute with the same name at the attribute itself. This is how it would look: disabled="disabled".

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎