Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Divyesh
    • Feb 2006

New JavaScript Mouse Events

P*** your mouse pointer over the round navigation buttons on the top right. This rollover effect is, of course, created with the onMouseOver and onMouseOut event handlers combined with the JavaScript 1.1 images array.

Now with JavaScript 1.2, in Communicator, and JScript 3.0, in Internet Explorer 4, we have 4 (count 'em, four) more mouse action event handlers to work with: onMouseDown, onMouseUp, onMouseMove, and onDbleClick. We will be discussing onMouseMove, the most powerful of the bunch, extensively in the weeks to come. For the present example, all we need are the first two.

It will come as no surprise to learn that onMouseDown and onMouseUp, are triggered whenever a mouse button is pressed or released. Essentially, they are the two component parts of the old onClick event handler. And they provide an additional dimension to our rollovers
    ________
    gl*** pipes
    Last edited by Divyesh; 01-27-2011, 10:24 PM.
  • Deevyesh Tyagi
    • Feb 2006

Prototype Javascript Library

What is that?
    In case you haven't already used it, prototype.js is a JavaScript library written by Sam Stephenson. This amazingly well thought and well written piece of standards-compliant code takes a lot of the burden ***ociated with creating rich, highly interactive web pages that characterize the Web 2.0 off your back.

If you tried to use this library recently, you probably noticed that documentation is not one of its strongest points. As many other developers before me, I got my head around prototype.js by reading the source code and experimenting with it. I thought it would be nice to take notes while I learned and share with everybody else.

I'm also offering an un-official reference for the objects, cl***es, functions, and extensions provided by this library.

As you read the examples and the reference, developers familiar with the Ruby programming language will notice an intentional similarity between Ruby's built-in cl***es and many of the extensions implemented by this library.

Related article-

Prototype is a JavaScript framework that features a unique, easy-to-use toolkit for cl***-driven development. The standards-compliant code takes a lot of the burden ***ociated with creating rich, highly interactive Web pages.
    ________
    Ipad guides
    Last edited by Deevyesh Tyagi; 04-12-2011, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎