Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Varun
    • Feb 2008

History & Naming

JavaScript was originally developed by Brendan Eich of Netscape under the name Mocha, later LiveScript, and finally renamed to JavaScript. The change of name from LiveScript to JavaScript roughly coincided with Netscape adding support for Java technology in its Netscape Navigator web browser. JavaScript was first introduced and deployed in the Netscape browser version 2.0B3 in December of 1995. The naming has caused confusion, giving the impression that the language is a spinoff of Java and has been characterized by many as a marketing ploy by Netscape to give JavaScript the cachet of what was then the hot new web-programming language.[4][5]

To avoid trademark issues, Microsoft named its dialect of the language JScript. JScript was first supported in Internet Explorer version 3.0, released in August 1996 and included Y2K compliant date functions, unlike those based on java.util.Date in JavaScript at the time.

Netscape submitted JavaScript to Ecma International for standardization resulting in the standardized version named ECMAScript.

Thanks to share that information. I like javascrit very much.

Comment

• sonia sharma
      • Jul 2015

Very useful information thanku for sharing.

Comment

• shilparana
        • May 2015

I don't know about JavaScript but now i know little bit about JavaScript just because of your beautiful post. Thanks for share with us.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍
        👎