X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sincereheart
    • Apr 2005

URGENT system upgradation - major changes to be implemented

Respected nerds, techs, geeks and dear fellow members,

It has been a while since i am able to be again able to post here as my job has really kept me extremely extremely busy in last two weeks...the coming week is a bit relaxed...and so i am here on net and forums...

I was intending to purchase:

1. A hard disk say 80 GB or 120 GB (can be internal or external)
    2. Additional RAM for my computer
    3. A pen drive / flash drive

Now as my computer and technical knowledge is very very limited (as i am a hardcore finance guy), my best and only recourse are wonderful forums like the one where i am posting right now. Its really great to have advice and suggestion of knowledgeable people here who do not have any self interest and are very helping in nature. So again I am daring to ask a few queries (infact more than few) and again hope that u people will really really help me out as u have always helped me in the past.

a. I want a very reliable hard disk which offers good speed and minimum should be 80 GB but preferably 120 GB...

Can anyone please suggest which comapny's hard disk is best in India for desktop....????

b. I would love to have external / portable hard disk with size as mentioned above but if cost is too much then will go for internal one...

Does anyone have any idea about what would be the cost of external / portable hard disk of say 80 gb or 120 gb???

c. what are advantages / disadvantages of external hard disk apart from being portable???

d. can i have two hard disk at the same time on my desktop PC...where with one harddisk (presently) i do everything except certain very high, critical job for which i am purchasing second hard disk????

do i need to buy a separate PC if i wish to have one more hard disk...???

e. which company's RAM is best ???

I am having currently having 1 chip of 512 MB and another of 256 MB i.e. total of 768 MB...

f. Do we have RAM chip of 1 GB size also available and approximate cost ????

g. What pen drive size is affordable and which company's pen drive is best ????

I know certainly that I have asked too too many questions but then I most humbly rqeuest to plz plz come forward and give ur valuable / advice / opinion as I WILL BE BASING MY ENTIRE DECISION BASED ON REPLIED HERE....

Thanks for taking time to read this long post and possibly taking time to reply and sharing ur valuable wisdom...its truly appreciated....

Best regards,

sunando

sunan***hosh at rediffmail dot com
    -----------------------------------------------------
    My current desktop system configuration:

I am giving my current desktop system configuration which may possibly better enable you to advice / suggest me to best of ur ability...(if i miss anything plz do let me know)

Company Name Intel Corporation
    Motherboard Name Intel Bay Field D865GBF
    Bus Type DDR SDRAM
    RAM Slots 4 DIMM
    Motherboard Chipset i865G
    Physical Memory Total 750 MB
    CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
    Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional
    Motherboard Name Intel Bay Field D865GBF (6 PCI, 1 AGP, 4 DIMM, Audio, Video, LAN)

yahoo mess id : su_nan_do_ghosh
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍
👎