How Can I Deindex Unwanted Pages from SERP?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prasadnair17810
    • Aug 2016

How Can I Deindex Unwanted Pages from SERP?

Recently I searched my site with "site:xyz.com" method for checking how many of my website pages has been indexed in SERP their I saw many unwanted pages has been crawled by Google with same Meta description that will definitely hit my website in panda.
    Pages example: xyz.com/page1
    xyz.com/page2
    xyz.com/page3
    xyz.com/page4
    xyz.com/image
    xyz.com/mage

Please how can I permanently fixed this issue reply soon.
  • Mohit Rana
    • Jan 2024

1. Identify the Pages: First, identify the specific pages you want to deindex. These could be old, irrelevant, duplicate, or sensitive pages that you no longer want to appear in search results.
    2. Robots.txt: Use the robots.txt file to block search engine crawlers from accessing specific pages or directories on your website. Add the pages you want to deindex to the robots.txt file with the "Disallow" directive. However, note that this won't remove the pages from search results; it will only prevent search engines from crawling them.
    3. Noindex Meta Tag: Add a meta tag with the "noindex" directive to the HTML code of the pages you want to deindex. This tells search engines not to index the page.
    4. Canonical Tag: If the unwanted pages are duplicates of other pages on your site, use the canonical tag to specify the preferred version of the page. This helps search engines understand which version of the page to prioritize in search results.​
    5. Submit Removal Request: If the pages contain sensitive information or violate search engine guidelines, you can submit a removal request to the respective search engines. Google, for example, provides a Removals tool in Google Search Console where you can request the temporary removal of URLs.
    6. Update Sitemap: After making these changes, update your website's XML sitemap and resubmit it to search engines. This helps search engines discover and process the changes more quickly.
    7. Monitor and Verify: Monitor the changes in search results using tools like Google Search Console. Verify that the unwanted pages are being deindexed over time.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎