Where to start?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start?

Iam an experienced professional in website development but very new in serach engine field. Iam wondering where to start. I have read books and forums on SEO and pageranking. I SEO'd my site and submitted to search engines.

DO I have to now?
    1) get Reciprocal links (for page rank)?
    2) write Articles with my website signature
    3) Post to forums with my website signature
    4) Post Blogs with my website signature

Are these steps effective and legal(according to google)? I sometimes get boggled with the enormity of the tasks. But I know Iam capable of doing it. I just want to know what are the right steps for getting higher rankings. Can anybody guide me with the correct steps with correct order.
    If somebody wants, he/she can give me tasks for his/her sites and guide me. I will do it as a learning experience and act of gratitude.
  • Joe Right
    • Aug 2006

Re: seo question.

Well, you said youv'e read seo books and asked questions in forums right? just look to the books youv'e purchased and they should be able to give you some type of structure of how, and when what should be done.

Comment

• kevin
      Love is life
      • Dec 2015

As you have written that you have read many books on SEO, i will say that do the natural SEO and do not try to make bulk links by forums or by any other means, keep rotating links text in your links which you are trying to make via forums or blogs etc...

Comment

Hello...

First you must build site for the customer then for SE's.

1. Use <H1> tags if posible threw <H6> on pages targeting keywords.
        2. Use <ALT text> in images targeting keywords
        3. Submit to all directories possible! make sure its direct link back to yours!
        and /or SEO friendly.
        4. Make sure keywords are targeted for specific audience, and also that there arent a million others targeting that word.
        use webposition4 excellent product!
        5. Description should be accurate and worthy of page content.
        6. check for any typos, yes the SEs dont like that.
        7. Title should contain most important keywords.
        8. when exchanging links with others site should be relevent to yours.
        9. use text link in your pages targeting keywords.

there is much more but these should give you a head start.

thanks
        malcolm
        Last edited by megri; 12-27-2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• suzane
          • Jul 2006

To get high ranking keywords are important. Try to use targeted keywords in your content. Update content regularly & try to get more relevant backlinks. All these points will help you in getting high SERP.

Comment

• srkbaroda
            • Dec 2006

There are lots of advanced SEO & marketing techniques, which you will be using but before that you must use these basic SEO stratagies before putting your effort on those things.

1. Get-your-domain-name-dot-com/org/net( The main TLD’s are preffered but if you are focusing on local visiters of your country, then getting a countly specific extension like .us or .uk helps a lot)
            2. Hosting your site/blog on a reliable hosting company.(If you are using free services like blogger or wordpress.com then sooner or latter you will need those services which they don’t provide, so rather than wasting your time in those free services, spend few bucks on hosting & domain)
            3. Never put your domain name in the Meta Title > if anything your registered BUSINESS NAME should be here and the last few words of the 60 character title.
            4. Never start a word p*** 58 characters < stop text is 60 - 65 but if last word is "***ociation" you can easily make an "***" on your site.
            5. Use wordtracker.com to research the proper keywords for your site.
            6. Add the robots tag & Place the robots.txt in your root on your server.
            7. Make sure to have a site map page.
            8. Make sure you have 404 page.
            9. Use css instead of color, size and font tags.
            10. Change the link buttons or js links in to text links.
            11. Include your keywords in the alt tags of images.
            12. Use the H1 tag for page headings (you can alter the way h1 displays text with CSS)
            13. Get rid of the js in the code and put it in an external file.
            14. At the bottom of each page use menus as text links.
            15. Make sure your page code is not bigger than 100 K.
            16. Submit your site to ODP(make sure to select the right category), Yahoo Dir, and other free directories like gimpsy.com and goguides.org etc.
            17. Try to get as much as relevant links you can.
            18. Read each search engines guide lines and follow them strictly.
            19. Don’t spam & Don’t cloak.
            20. Don’t use doorway pages.
            21. Pay special attention to your content.
            22. Put your competitors on your site and compare your positive points to their negative points (be truthful though).
            23. Syndicate your content (if possible you can use Feedburner service which helps a lot in tracking your feed subscribers).
            24. Use a good visitor tracking system like Google Analytics.
            25. Write unique & interesting contents & use social bookmarking sites like digg.com & del.icio.us.

Remember SEO isn’t just about getting to #1… it’s also about selling "more" once you’re there!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎