X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patelsharp
    • Feb 2014

Should I submit my site to directories?

Should I submit my site to directories.
    Last edited by Patelsharp; 04-21-2014, 01:02 PM.
  • Garima Sharma
    • Feb 2014

Definitely you should submit your site to directories but with a lot of qualifiers and explanation. SEO post is to help you determine some guidelines, or standards, for directories.

Comment

• Mohit Rana
      • Jan 2024

Submitting your site to directories can be part of your overall SEO strategy, but it's essential to approach it cautiously. Here are some factors to consider:
      1. Relevance: Submit your site to directories that are relevant to your niche or industry. Being listed in directories that are unrelated to your site's topic can be seen as spammy and may not provide much value.
      2. Quality over Quantity: Focus on submitting your site to high-quality, reputable directories rather than trying to get listed in as many directories as possible. Quality directories can provide relevant traffic and improve your site's credibility.
      3. Authority of the Directory: Look for directories that have a good reputation and authority in your industry. Being listed in authoritative directories can positively impact your site's SEO.
      4. Avoid Low-Quality Directories: Stay away from low-quality directories, especially those that exist solely for the purpose of link building. Google may consider links from such directories as spammy, which can harm your site's rankings.
      5. Natural Link Building: Instead of solely relying on directory submissions, focus on creating high-quality content that naturally attracts links from other websites. Natural backlinks from reputable sites carry more weight in terms of SEO.
      6. Local Directories: If your business has a physical location, consider submitting your site to local directories and citation sites. This can help improve your visibility in local search results.
      7. Monitor Your Backlink Profile: Keep track of the directories where your site is listed and regularly monitor your backlink profile. If you notice any low-quality or spammy directories linking to your site, disavow those links to prevent them from negatively impacting your SEO.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎