X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megri
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

How Search Works

What we have witnessed in the last few years is a "coming to terms" for our SEO industry over just how powerful Search Engine algorithms have become.

Back in 2006, I saw this era of Search Engine dominance coming. It was the reason why we started creating a new type of "transparent" Search Engine that would provide everyday folks like you and me with a way to grasp how a Search Engine was thinking.

Recently, we are starting to see signs of the by-products of these powerful algorithms, like Panda and Penguin. Like any changing industry, the "old school" crowd says "SEO is dying", but what we are really seeing is a paradigm shift in how SEO is defined. Search Engines like Google have become so "smart" that people are turning to technology like The SEO Engine to explain their situation and chart their way out of it. These days, we have A LOT more competition, and that's good for the industry!

Now, even my grandparents know what Google is, and not surprisingly, Search Engines are embracing the fact that the everyday "non-tech" person wants to understand what goes on behind the scenes. Google, for instance, just released this very detailed site on how a Search Engine works, which I personally believe is our signal that our team's 2006 vision is finally coming true. On the site, Google explains all of the detailed components to Search, and tucked away seemingly very anonymously, is the all-important "Site & Page Quality" section, which is of course, the focus of our Search Engine.
    Parveen K - Forum Administrator
    SEO India - TalkingCity Forum Rules - Webmaster Forum
    Please Do Not Spam Our Forum
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡