website ranking: how high is high?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

website ranking: how high is high?

Hi - I've spent the last days taking care of this SEO business and learning what I could. Today I finally got listed in Google - the Portuguese pages, which are up and running. I checked my most important keyword and I ranked 22 among about 260,000 competition sites according to my WebCEO software. Should I be absolutely thrilled? Should I consider those 260,000 competition, really? How would you interpret this data?
  • kevin
    Love is life
    • Dec 2015

i am not sure that if google listed your site yesterday and it is ranking same day , it may be that your website was listed before this.....

22 rank is ok and it will take time to come on the top position, try to make some link building for your website and try to make 3 or 4 theme based links within each 2 days on your main keywords as the anchor text....

Also apply some heading tags and bold tags on main keywords in the contents of the page, that will also help the SEO, can u pls give us the domain name for more details

Comment

things were not exactly as I reported...

Hi Jagan and thanks. Well... That 22nd ranking is misterious. Later that evening I ran a search myself with the same keywords and NOTHING appeared. Also, I ran a search (Google) with the domain name and... NOTHING. So it wasn't listed after all, right? No. I checked my log records and I had two visits from Google searches (different keywords). I have no idea how to interpret this. It was a matter of hours...
      Any ideas?
      Stupid question: if I place a bold tag, won't this spoil the appearance of the page?
      Another stupid question: do you advise me to place those links regardless of the fact that the links are exchangeable? And wouldn't that end up with a huge collection of not-necessarily-good links?
      I don't have a "links" page yet. Intended to build one when I had a good collection. Would you place all your external links in a link page or not?
      Oh, my domain name: dabliw7.com.br. I thought it was in the signature...
      thanks again,

Marilia

Comment

• trazzey
        • Jan 2010

Yeah,22 rank is ok and it will take some time to come on the top position, try to make some link building for your website.
        BMW Headlights

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍