X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megri
    Administrator
    • Mar 2004

Phone Based Outreach for Link Building

Every once in a while I'll find a link building post that totally rocks my world. Today I found one of them, and I think everyone will find it quite useful.

Did you know that doing outreach by phone has high success rates? I've only done it in moderation and not more than a handful of times total, but I've seen amazing results in comparison to strictly email.

Yet, there was a lot of questions I had in order to take the step from "a handful" to an entire campaign. I didn't know how to make it practical and what steps I should take to get the best possible results.

That's when I found this post by Stephanie St. Martin late wednesday night: http://citationlabs.com/the-ultimate...link-building/

Stephanie runs you through just about everything you need to know about phone based outreach. I didn't leave the post with a question that went unanswered. I HIGHLY recommend everyone read the post if you're serious about dramatically raising your success rates.

Here it is again: http://citationlabs.com/the-ultimate...link-building/
    Parveen K - Forum Administrator
    SEO India - TalkingCity Forum Rules - Webmaster Forum
    Please Do Not Spam Our Forum
  • Mohit Rana
    • Jan 2024

Phone-based outreach for link building can be an effective strategy if executed properly. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to approach it:
    1. Research: Before making any calls, conduct thorough research to identify potential websites or blogs that would be interested in linking to your content. Look for websites in your niche or industry that have a good domain authority and audience relevance.
    2. Prepare a Script: Develop a script that outlines the purpose of your call, introduces your website or content, and explains why linking to it would be beneficial for the target website's audience. However, avoid sounding too scripted - aim for a natural conversation flow.
    3. Warm-up Emails: Before making the call, send a personalized email to the target contact introducing yourself and your request. This helps warm up the recipient to your call and increases the chances of a positive response.
    4. Schedule Calls: When making your calls, try to schedule them in advance rather than cold calling. This increases the likelihood of reaching the right person and having their full attention.
    5. Be Polite and Professional: When you reach the target contact, introduce yourself politely and professionally. Respect their time and be clear about the purpose of your call.
    6. Focus on Value: Highlight the value proposition of linking to your content. Explain how it will benefit their audience and enhance their website's credibility or authority.
    7. Handle Objections: Be prepared to address any objections or concerns the target contact may have. This could include concerns about the relevance of your content, potential competition, or SEO implications.
    8. Follow Up: If the target contact expresses interest but needs time to consider your request, follow up with them via email or phone as agreed. Persistence (within reason) can often pay off in link-building outreach.
    9. Track Progress: Keep track of your outreach efforts, including who you contacted, their response, and any follow-up actions required. This will help you identify what strategies are most effective and refine your approach over time.
    10. Evaluate and Adjust: Periodically evaluate the success of your phone-based outreach efforts and make adjustments as needed. This could involve refining your targeting criteria, tweaking your messaging, or exploring alternative outreach methods.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎