Link development strategies!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Link development strategies!

Here, I would like to raise some questions on how to increase web link directory submission efficiency and mutually beneficial practice exchange. What incoming link building techniques do you use in practice? Do you prefer manual or automatic submission? What directories do you submit websites to? Paid or free and why? As for me, I suggest the special attention should be paid on description when submitting website to directories! Different website descriptions should be used for each directory. Don’t use the same description for several directories! Search engines can accept it as duplicate content and incoming link will have no value! For this reason I do manual submission only. Also I think it is expedient to perform directory on regular basis! If you can add something or share your practical experience are welcome to go on this post!
  • Jenniferlinn
    • Dec 2008

Thanks for the post. well here are the 10 Tips for Doing Link Development Research:

1. Be a user first, link developer second. If your link is not going to provide value, why bother? Think like a user and make sure that the link makes sense before you post it or submit it.

2. Keep hunting for the contact info. This is something that Eric Ward has talked about and the extra effort can go a long way. If all you’re finding is the webmaster@domain.com email, keep hunting. Check the site map, About page, staff page, etc. until you find an actual person to contact.

3. Check more than the PageRank. PageRank is good, don’t get me wrong, but it’s not the end all – be all of a site’s value. It’s a snapshot. Check who’s linking to them, how many pages are being indexed in both Yahoo and Google (major discrepancies here can send up a red flag), and the overall quality of the site.

4. Check partner sites. Even if the site that you want doesn’t take links or turns you down, find out who else is linking to them or has links on their site. If the relevancy and quality factors are there, send the email.

5. Evaluate who is linking to the competition. While some link developers say you shouldn’t do this because you’re always chasing the competition’s coat tails, I disagree. If the competition is on a page, why should users only have that option? They should have the option to choose the site you’re working on.

6. Let randomness take over. I tend to have a bit of ADD, which actually helps in my line of work. I roam the net, clicking what interests me and let the user in me take charge (yes, this relates back to #1). Chances are other users will surf in a similar fashion. I keep track of all the pages that I find that may work for a link request.

7. Use Google blog search. Or other social media monitoring tools. If people are talking about the site you’re evaluating, that’s a good sign. But make sure it’s not all negative. A mix of both positive and negative comments and posts regarding these sites make it legit to request a link from them.

8. Document everything. Inevitably, you’ll find yourself at a point where you’re wondering “where did I see that information…” and it will be lost. Be sure to document any pages you stumble across that may be helpful in later work.

9. Check the authority site. Let’s say you’re doing link work for a health site dealing with breast cancer. What are the online authorities for this? Obviously, the Komen Foundation and BreastCancer.org. Who is linking to them? Dig in and see what opportunities are there.

10. Investigate some forums. I’m not advocating SPAM here. But people who are p***ionate enough to talk about the content of what is on your site will have a long list of sites they regularly visit that may be relevant to what you’re looking for. Ask questions, check out discussions, and view user’s profiles for interesting leads.

Comment

one tip on link developing is submitting you link into many bookmarking sites.

Comment

• interval
        • Jan 2009

very good post jenniferlinn, congratulations

Comment

nice strategies!

Comment

• Jeperry
            • Jan 2009

Thanks Jenniferlinn

For your nice and inforamtic article.

Thanks again

Comment

• Jenie0109
              • Jan 2009

very informative post jenniferlinn.. thanks for sharing..

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎