what is VPS and VPN ?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

what is VPS and VPN ?

HELLO FRIENDS...

In my knowledge VPS is a virtual private server and VPN is vertual private network but i dont know where these services is being used and how.
    I think this might be a concern of remote networking but how i dont know.

Friends will you please me let understand this concept exactly so that i can also use these services in my network.

What I want to add is that Digitalserver.com.mx offer servers with real IP's that can be ok for VPN servers. The quality of the hosting is very good, i would recommend this host to other webmasters.
    Last edited by megri; 05-14-2014, 07:42 PM.

Comment

VPS stands for Virtual Private Server in this server we can host our website.
      VPN stands for Virtual Private network in this we can browse internet without enlightening our IP (Internet Protocol) address. It also create p***ageway between user and server.

Comment

• sonia sharma
        • Jul 2015

VPS: VPS server is a share of a main HOST computer in a data centre. One host may carry multiple virutal machines to which access is completely independant of each other. When you log into a VPS it looks and feels like your home Windows computer (with a few cosmetic differences). A VPS is commonly used for many tasks from hosting websites to running remotely operated software, such as Bet Angel Professional.

VPN: VPN is a networking option that uses the Internet to connect a central business location to regional or satellite offices, but securely keeps the information away from the public’s eye. It connects “privately” via a virtual connection to keep information secure and allow the exchange of data with quick efficiency, without having to invest in costly equipment to build an actual private network or company Intranet structure. It offers the ability to share information between distances much like a desktop sharing program.

Comment

The only difference is V.P.S is about taking a physical device and distributing it among different client as if each of them getting a dedicated server of there own while V.P.N is a way we access a private network from a public network.

Comment

• Swati walia
            • Sep 2016

A VPS (virtual private server) is a server divided into fully separate systems using Virtuozzo. This system allocates memory, CPU, and disk space between a set number of users. A VPN is a virtual private network.

Comment

A VPS (virtual private server) is a server divided into fully separate systems using Virtuozzo

A VPN is a virtual private network. You can build your own, or contact your internet provider for services to obtain a VPN. Unfortunately it isn't possible to set up a VPN on the VPS accounts but you could on any of our dedicated servers.

Comment

• jacobwallace
                • Aug 2016

The phrases virtual private server (VPS) and virtual private network (VPN) are frequently interchanged. A Virtual Private Server (VPS) is essentially a type of web hosting, but a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a service and technology that allows you to stay entirely private and anonymous online.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎