Why ASP.net

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ASP.net

Since 1995, Microsoft has been constantly working to shift it's focus from Windows-based platforms to the Internet. As a result, Microsoft introduced ASP (Active Server Pages) in November 1996. ASP offered the efficiency of ISAPI applications along with a new level of simplicity that made it easy to understand and use. However, ASP script was an interpreted script and consisted unstructured code and was difficult to debug and maintain. As the web consists of many different technologies, software integration for Web development was complicated and required to understand many different technologies. Also, as applications grew bigger in size and became more complex, the number of lines of source code in ASP applications increased dramatically and was hard to maintain. Therefore, an architecture was needed that would allow development of Web applications in a structured and consistent way.

The .NET Framework was introduced with a vision to create globally distributed software with Internet functionality and interoperability. The .NET Framework consists of many cl*** libraries, includes multiple language support and a common execution platform. It's a very flexible foundation on which many different types of top cl*** applications can be developed that do different things. Developing Internet applications with the .NET Framework is very easy. ASP.NET is built into this framework, we can create ASP.NET applications using any of the built-in languages.

Unlike ASP, ASP.NET uses the Common Language Runtime (CLR) provided by the .NET Framework. This CLR manages execution of the code we write. ASP.NET code is a compiled CLR code instead of interpreted code (ASP). CLR also allows objects written in different languages to interact with each other. The CLR makes developement of Web applications simple
  • sonia

i am satisfy with your information ....thanks

Comment

• Ruby17
      • Sep 2008

thank's for the information...........

Comment

• DjDanny32
        • Sep 2008

Personally, I hate ASP.NET. Don't get me wrong, I love using C# as a language for desktop applications, but I just can't be doing with ASP.Net.

They're basically trying to make it so easy to 'program' that anybody can do it.

Comment

• naruto456
          • Oct 2008

thanks for sharing this knowledge.
          i don't hate asp.net.
          i like php.

thanks again

Comment

Outsourcing can free up your internal resources and provide you with a competitive business advantage. A reliable ASP can enable you to:

* Better direct resources to improve internal and external service levels
            * Improve business results by focusing on your core business
            * Accelerate time-to-benefit through streamlined implementation and improved business processes
            * Control operating costs, including upfront and ongoing capital investments
            * Eliminate the need to hire, train, retain, and manage a large IT staff
            * Effectively maintain safe and secure technology infrastructures with worry-free support, operations, maintenance, upgrades, and disaster recovery services

Comment

• MikeJohn
              • Dec 2009

Intersting...As I am new to all this languages and scripts so for me its very interesting to know this.

Thanks a lot for sharing your knowledge concern to this.

Comment

• Liz Hurly
                • Dec 2012

I agree with you all suggestion thanks for share with this information to us.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎