Writing corporate content

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Writing corporate content

In practice, corporate web writing work varies enormously. Sometimes it is essentially online journalism. In other situations, a writer requires sophisticated technical skills that overlap with web design and marketing.

Web wordsmiths who really know their stuff are a natural choice for writing microcontent that would otherwise slip between the cracks. For example, most web sites lack meta keyword or description tags, and if they have any alt-text it is a terrible mess. (As a reformed alt-text philistine, I know whereof I speak.)

These important tasks need to be identified in somebody's job description, contract, terms of reference or brief. They require both verbal skills and a certain level of technical understanding. Either the web technician must have a sensitivity to words (and such paragons do exist), or the wordsmith must learn the nuts and bolts of online publishing.

Whenever you offer or accept a contract for online content writing, be clear about the details. Every web content writing job is different. But with trust, skilled writers can provide valuable support for their marketing, business systems and IT colleagues on the corporate web team.
  • Liz Hurly
    • Dec 2012

Yes Angelina David I agree with your suggestion thanks you so much for sharing with us your view.

Comment

• NicTanner
      • Dec 2008

Great information shared. I am very happy to look at this thread. Really Angelina you are expert in this field.

Comment

• Dianka
        • Nov 2008

Definitely won't be my last though, really enjoyed it.

Hertfordshire SEO agency

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍