Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Molly
    • Sep 2005

Upgrading from SQL server 2000 to 2005.

Hi we are looking to upgrade the database that runs out websites. Persently it is running on SQL Server 2000 however we have been talking about moving onto 2005. So I have been asked to do some research and try to figure out all possible problems, so we can be prepared.

The main thing is we have a lot of replication going on and this is what we think might cause some of the problems. Has anyone gone through this before? Could anyone give me the heads up on problems I might come across.
    Beware The Spelling!!!
  • Divyesh
    • Feb 2006

Using SQL Anywhere Database

Introduction

1. Installation of SQL Anywhere Studio 9.0 and using the Sybase Central; Interactive SQL; and details about database objects were presented.

2. creating database projects with SQL Anywhere Studio was described in detail, with examples of Excel, VB, and ADO.NET applications. In this tutorial, the creation of a web services server that works with the SQLAnywhere database will be described. A very simple example to verify the web services server will be shown.

Creating a SQLAnywhere database-
    SQL Anywhere 9.0 is installed at the following location on my computer:

C:\Program Files\Sybase\SQL Anywhere 9\win32, which has all the executable files. A database can be created by executing the command -dbinit.exe. The dbinit.exe is executed from the command line (Start -->Run-->change to the above directory) as shown below. Make sure your Asademo 9 server is running before you execute the command. At the command prompt type dbinit mysorian.db. The name of the database created is mysorian.db. The collation default is set to 1252 Latin collation. During the execution, the system tables are created, and the deployment option for Ultralite is also set.
    ________
    cheap vaporizer
    Last edited by Divyesh; 01-27-2011, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎