• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sincereheart
    • Apr 2005

Vicious Cycle - I want to get out but cannot

Vicious Cycle - I want to get out but cannot

Hi everyone,

Its so so much satisfying to see a very healthy discussion about helath here...

Since u poeple have been into this for a long time and have experiences (may be both good and not so good); i would urge everyone to take a look at my case and then suggest/advice:

I have to reach my office usually by 9 am (at most 9:30 am) and ususally reach home in evening at sometimes 7 pm; sometimes 9:30 pm and the like. The job is very very demanding and competitive (as many people here are aware of that how tough work life has become these days). This means I almost daily feel exhausted mentally when i return home and this schedule is from Monday to saturday (sometimes even sunday).

I have ignore my health and have kept on gaining weight steadily and few weeks back I was surprised to know that I am 95 kgs from 75 kgs....I was shocked; felt like crying; angry on myself and a range of mixed emotions.

I decided then and there that I have to reduce my weight...

But inspite of my determination; will power and true desire; I am NOT able to exercise:

Reasons:

1. By the time I return from office; I feel so already tired that I have hardly any enthusiasm or energy or strength left in me to exercise. All i want is to eat something and lie down on bed.

I have exercised my strongest will power and and went out for walk few times (roughly two times or two days every seven days) when i returned from office at 7 or 8 pm; but again i could not walk for more than half an hour as i felt totally exhausted. Also after returning from office I feel so tired that i have hardly any energy left for anything; somehow i eat and then sleep.

All my motivation /strong will power/ toughness is not helping me when i return from office as bcz inspite of all these;

when i return from office; I am almost like a dead man wanting to lie down on bed.Leaving the job is not an option.

Also some of u may suggest me to exercise in the morning but again I have to get up as such at 6-7 am to be able to ready by 8 am as it takes an hour to reach office. I have tried to get up even earlier at 5 am so that I can exercise for one hour...BUT

a. I feel that its tough to get up at 5 am to exercise as bcz if i get up at 5 am; i feel less refresh and whole day at work/office is a bit challengeful as I feel sleppy.

b. Also a few times when i did get up and went for walking etc I was so tired that felt tired throughout the day at office.

I know I am caught in a vicious cycle but I must get out of it and dont know where to start and how?????

I would really appreciate for any suggestions and any comments; criticisms; opinions are more than welcomed.

Plz consider my exact situation as described while replying.

Thanks and best regards,

sunan***hosh at rediffmail dot com
Working...
😀
😂
🥰
😘
🤢
😎
😞
😡
👍