Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • deepak
    • Aug 2004

Images and database

What should be best way to save images if we are working with a database. Save them to database or save to file system.
  • kevin
    Love is life
    • Dec 2015

I'm not really in favour of storing the image data in a database. For reasons of efficiency and ease of update I guess. At work our graphic designers like to be able to easily retrieve and save images to a directory.

This could also be a hang-over from the fact that I develop a lot in Mysql where storing such things gives nasty surprises when it comes to file size (and stability)

May be you can get some more usefull information from here http://www.zend.com/zend/trick/tricks-sept-2001.php

Comment

• deepak
      • Aug 2004

At present I am working on a tour a travel co. website. They have a lot of tour packages and they want on each tour packages some pictures of related tour. And they also want that they can update tour package with pictures on easy way. So its necessary to give them filefield also for uploading images. So what should I do for these images.

Comment

• kevin
        Love is life
        • Dec 2015

I will say that storing images in database is never considered good for a good programmer becasue it produces the slow access as well as less easy updation.

So pls try another method, or write cleary about the problems which you are facing

Comment

• deepak
          • Aug 2004

Thanks Jagan. I only want to know about the best method and you solve my problem.

Comment

oh i didnt know that thanks jagan

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡