Talking City

Go Back   Talking City > Web Hosting Forums > Virtual Private Servers (VPS)
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2014, 12:52 PM

Bhupender Pal is on a distinguished road
Default what is VPS and VPN ?

HELLO FRIENDS...

In my knowledge VPS is a virtual private server and VPN is vertual private network but i dont know where these services is being used and how.
I think this might be a concern of remote networking but how i dont know.

Friends will you please me let understand this concept exactly so that i can also use these services in my network.

Old 05-14-2014, 06:56 PM
Banned

Cristian is on a distinguished road

What I want to add is that Digitalserver.com.mx offer servers with real IP's that can be ok for VPN servers. The quality of the hosting is very good, i would recommend this host to other webmasters.

Last edited by megri : 05-14-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 08-14-2014, 04:20 PM

AditiArora is on a distinguished road

VPS stands for Virtual Private Server in this server we can host our website.
VPN stands for Virtual Private network in this we can browse internet without enlightening our IP (Internet Protocol) address. It also create p***ageway between user and server.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:09 PM

sonia sharma is on a distinguished road

VPS: VPS server is a share of a main HOST computer in a data centre. One host may carry multiple virutal machines to which access is completely independant of each other. When you log into a VPS it looks and feels like your home Windows computer (with a few cosmetic differences). A VPS is commonly used for many tasks from hosting websites to running remotely operated software, such as Bet Angel Professional.

VPN: VPN is a networking option that uses the Internet to connect a central business location to regional or satellite offices, but securely keeps the information away from the public’s eye. It connects “privately” via a virtual connection to keep information secure and allow the exchange of data with quick efficiency, without having to invest in costly equipment to build an actual private network or company Intranet structure. It offers the ability to share information between distances much like a desktop sharing program.
Old 11-25-2016, 06:17 PM

alka is on a distinguished road

The only difference is V.P.S is about taking a physical device and distributing it among different client as if each of them getting a dedicated server of there own while V.P.N is a way we access a private network from a public network.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:08 PM

Swati walia is on a distinguished road

A VPS (virtual private server) is a server divided into fully separate systems using Virtuozzo. This system allocates memory, CPU, and disk space between a set number of users. A VPN is a virtual private network.
Old 12-03-2016, 06:19 PM

aarohi is on a distinguished road

A VPS (virtual private server) is a server divided into fully separate systems using Virtuozzo

A VPN is a virtual private network. You can build your own, or contact your internet provider for services to obtain a VPN. Unfortunately it isn't possible to set up a VPN on the VPS accounts but you could on any of our dedicated servers.