X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ruby17
    • Sep 2008

File Transfer Protocol(ftp)

FILE TRANSFER PROTOCOL(FTP)

File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a network protocol used to transfer data from one computer to another through a network such as the Internet.

FTP is a file transfer protocol for exchanging and manipulating files over a TCP computer network. A FTP client may connect to a FTP server to manipulate files on that server. As there are many FTP client and server programs available for different operating systems, FTP is a popular choice for exchanging files independent of the operating systems involved.
  • RDAHOSTING
    • Nov 2008

Nice definition, I'm sure it will help someone.

Comment

• rudraksh
      • Dec 2008

Hello ruby,
      nice definition.its very good to see you which has a good thinking to help someone.good going ruby.

Comment

• tobemenow
        • Dec 2008

FTP is one of the first services offered since the birth of the internet. This protocol is rather old and as time p***ed it suffered some changes. FTP can also be used for more than just file transfers.

Lots of years ago it was used as some sort of a proxy. Many wise people were using ftp servers as proxies. To be frank, this also had to do with file transfers. People used this feature to get files from other ftp servers by using one ftp as a proxy.

Throughout history ftp proved to be the most reliable way to share files and because of how the file transfer protocol is built, a ftp server can stand huge traffic and/or requests.

I am a programmer for a long time and I dealt with ftp servers and/or clients for a long time. If anyone has any questions regarding this protocol, then feel free to ask here or via pm!

I will answer you as soon as posible.

Comment

Nice, Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞