Learning about dhtml

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonia

Learning about dhtml

Dhtml or dynamic html is the collection of technologies which are used together with the help of markup langugage to create intractive and animated web site...
  • Kuruk
    • Jul 2008

Hi sonia

Is there any major difference b/w the HTML/XHTML/DHTML? What is the step to learn these things.
    I want to learn PHP. So i need help, I know the basic of html but i m confused for my next update.

thanks

Comment

HTML, an initialism of HyperText Markup Language, is the predominant markup language for Web pages. It provides a means to describe the structure of text-based information in a document—by denoting certain text as links, headings, paragraphs, lists, and so on—and to supplement that text with interactive forms, embedded images, and other objects. HTML is written in the form of tags, surrounded by angle brackets. HTML can also describe, to some degree, the appearance and semantics of a document, and can include embedded scripting language code (such as JavaScript) which can affect the behavior of Web browsers and other HTML processors.

Dynamic HTML is a collective term for a combination of new Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) tags and options, that will let you create Web pages more animated and more responsive to user interaction than previous versions of HTML. Much of dynamic HTML is specified in HTML 4.0. Simple examples of dynamic HTML pages would include (1) having the color of a text heading change when a user p***es a mouse over it or (2) allowing a user to "drag and drop" an image to another place on a Web page. Dynamic HTML can allow Web documents to look and act like desktop applications or multimedia productions.

The Extensible Hypertext Markup Language, or XHTML, is a markup language that has the same depth of expression as HTML, but also conforms to XML syntax.

While HTML prior to HTML5 was defined as an application of Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML), a very flexible markup language, XHTML is an application of XML, a more restrictive subset of SGML. Because they need to be well-formed, true XHTML documents allow for automated processing to be performed using standard XML tools—unlike HTML, which requires a relatively complex, lenient, and generally custom parser.

Comment

• jackl
        • Nov 2008

I'd been dying to learn how to make my own website and learn the each language i can used to make it. Now it is being clear to me what is DHTML and HTML.

Comment

• Ma3rouf
          • Jan 2009

i have this great sight for dhtml and it gives simple instructions. dynamicdrive.com

and of course w3schools is the place ! BTW DHTML is just HTML with CSS, JavaScript and DOM, with HTML about 80% of it all.

Comment

• stevex
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Kuruk
            Hi sonia

Is there any major difference b/w the HTML/XHTML/DHTML? What is the step to learn these things.
            I want to learn PHP. So i need help, I know the basic of html but i m confused for my next update.

thanks
            Then you have to strong your designing part. Learn now CSS, and java script.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎