X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diyasaini
    • Feb 2014

What is DNS ?

Hi friends,

I want to know that what is Domain name system (DNS) ?
    Last edited by megri; 04-12-2014, 03:11 PM.

hiii...!!!

I would like to share my knowledge about DNS(Domain name system).
    DNS is basically a name given to the site like google.com,yaho.com and all others. This is given (domain name) because there is IP address for every site like 10.110.0.1 very typical, different and difficult to remember. I mean we cant remember all the ip addresses for the sites so domain name is given which is meaningful and easy to remember and translated into ip addresses to open a particular site.

I hope this information will help you.

Comment

• Garima Sharma
      • Feb 2014

DNS meaning Domain Name System.A domain name is the information that you enter into a web browser in order to reach a specific website. When you input a URL like www.example.com/index into a web browser, its domain name is example.com. Basically, a domain name is the human-friendly version of an IP address. Businesses vie for easy-to-remember domain names, since they make it easier for people to remember how to find them online.

Comment

• ArielleJoseph22
        • Jun 2014

hi..
        I want to share something about this DNS:
        DNS is a Domain Name System. Domain Name System is one of the industry-standard suite of protocols that comprise TCP/IP. Microsoft Windows Server 2003. DNS is implemented using two software components the DNS server and the DNS client.The DNS translates internet domain name and host names to IP addresses.

Comment

• stevex
          • Apr 2014

DNS stand for Domain Name System or Server. An Internet service that translates domain names into IP addresses. Because domain names are alphabetic, they're easier to remember. The Internet however, is really based on IP addresses. If one DNS server doesn't know how to translate a particular domain name, it asks another one, and so on, until the correct IP address is returned.

Comment

• shilparana
            • May 2015

Thanks everyone to share this useful information to all of us.

Comment

• neharani
              • Dec 2012

Domain Name Servers (DNS) are the Internet's equivalent of a phone book. They maintain a directory of domain names and translate them to Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.

Comment

The Domain Name Server is used to resolve human-readable hostnames. DNS also provides other information about domain names, such as mail services. DNS is like a phone book for the Internet. If you know a person’s name but don’t know their telephone number, you can simply look it up in a phone book. DNS provides this same service to the Internet.

Comment

• sangeetanegi
                  • Dec 2015

DNS stands for “domain name system.” Domain names are the human-readable website addresses we use every day. DNS matches human-readable names to numbers that machines can more easily understand.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎